Dr. Jonathan L. Kramer, Esq., Founder and Principal Attorney, has more than 35 years of wireless, broadband, cable television and telephony sectors advising private, institutional and government clients.
Dr. Kramer is a telecommunications regulatory leader. He was the co-chair of the FCC recognized committee that developed the technical standards and regulation of cable television systems. He has been a testifying expert witness in federal and state court cases regarding wireless and cable television technology. Additionally, he served as the advisor to the League of California Cities during the key negotiations and hearing regarding SB 1627, California’s wireless co-location law.
He is a frequent lecturer and panelist on communications technology for conferences supported by both the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers and the National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors. Dr. Kramer is also the co-author and editor of several articles in federal government publications on radio frequency interference matters and wireless technology.
Dr. Kramer is admitted to practice by the State Bar of California and the State Bar of New Mexico. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
He holds five Federal Communications Commission licenses and endorsements, as well as a communications contract license (C7) issued by the California Contractor’s State License Board.
- Northeastern University – Doctor of Law and Policy (DLP)
- University of Strathclyde School of Law (L.L.M.)
- Master of Laws degree in Information Technology and Telecom Law with distinction
- Abraham Lincoln University School of Law (J.D.)
- Juris Doctor degree cum laude
- Los Angeles Trade Technical College (A.S.)
- Associate of Science in Radio Communications with honors
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- State Bar of New Mexico, Member
- Bar of the Central District of California, Member
- Advisory Council of Abraham Lincoln University School of Law
- American Radio Relay League, Life Member
- Volunteer Counsel, Volunteer Examiner
- California Wireless Association, Charter Member
- Federal Communications Bar Association – National Organization, Attorney Member
- Federal Communications Bar Association – Southern California Chapter, Founding Member
- International Municipal Lawyers Association, Attorney Member
- International Right of Way Association Wireless Committee, Former Chairperson
- Joint Task Force on Technical Standards Committee, Former Co-Chair
- National Technical Standards Committee, Former Co-Chair
- New Mexico Municipal League, City Attorney’s Section, Attorney Member
- State Bar of California Public Law Section
- Appointed Advisor to Executive Committee Board Member
- Former Executive Committee Board Member
- National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors
- States of California and Nevada Chapter, National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors
- Founding Member
- Board of Directors
- Former President
- Society of Broadcast Engineers, Senior Member
- Society of Telecommunications Engineers (US Society), Senior Member
- Society of Telecommunication Engineers (UK Society), Fellow Member
Certifications & Licenses
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials
- Public Safety Radio Technician
- California Contractors State License, Class C7 – Low voltage systems
- Federal Communications Commission
- Amateur radio operator license
- General radiotelephone operator license
- Global maritime distress and safety system maintainer’s license
- Global maritime distress and safety system operator/maintainer’s license
- Restricted radiotelephone operator permit
- National Institutes of Health, Protecting Human Research Participants Training Certification
- Society of Broadcast Engineers
- Certified Broadcast Technologist
Honors & Awards
- Elected Member, Loyal Order of the 704; Membership is limited to those with more than 30 years in broadband engineering field
- Volunteer Counsel, American Radio Relay League
- Volunteer Examiner, American Radio Relay League
- Twice-awarded Member of the Year, National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors
For Jonathan Kramer’s CV, current as of September 29, 2016, please CLICK HERE.
Dr. Jonathan L. Kramer, Esq.
Telecom Law Firm, P.C.
2001 S Barrington Avenue, Suite 306
Los Angeles, California 90025
Direct Tel: (310) 405-7333