Robert (“Tripp”) May, Partner, specializes in telecommunications infrastructure, policy and contracting, and represents both public agencies and private landlords in regulatory and transactional matters.
Mr. May advises local governments and public agencies on the scope of local authority in wireless facilities siting. He drafts and revises wireless ordinances, and counsels government staff and officials on federal and state rules for permit application processing.
His transactional practice focuses solely on representing landlords — both public and private. Mr. May negotiates and drafts leases, licenses, easements, assignments, pole-attachment agreements, and other transfers related to wireless and other telecommunications infrastructure. He also assists landlords administer, enforce, and amend existing infrastructure agreements.
Mr. May regularly speaks on panel discussions for governments, wireless associations and at wireless facility conferences.
He was recognized by the States of California and Nevada, National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors (SCAN NATOA) as its 2014 Member of the Year for his outstanding pro bono federal advocacy on behalf of California local governments in Federal Communications Commission rulemaking proceedings.
Mr. May is admitted to practice by the State Bar of California.
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D.)
- Executive Editor, San Diego Law Review
- National Competitor, San Diego Moot Court Board
- University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A.)
- with high honors and distinction in the major
Honors & Awards
- Member of the Year, SCAN NATOA (2014)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Telecommunications Law and Policy (2013)
- First in Class, Advanced Legal Writing and Analysis, USD School of Law (2013)
- Academic Achievement Scholarship, USD School of Law (2010-2013)
- Student Leadership Scholarship, USD School of Law (2010-2013)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- States of California and Nevada, National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors, Member
- Federal Communications Bar Association, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
Robert (“Tripp”) May III, Esq
Telecom Law Firm, P.C.
6986 La Jolla Boulevard, Suite 204
La Jolla, California 92037
Direct Tel: (619) 272-6200