Promoting and Defending Local Authority Through Strategic, Solutions-Focused Approaches to Local Regulations and Vigorous Advocacy.
Ordinances, Policies, and Design Guidelines
Telecom Law Firm develops and amends local ordinances, policies, design guidelines, handbooks and application forms for infrastructure deployments on private property and in the public rights-of-way.
We counsel clients across the United States on strategic approaches to promote local policies and protect public health and safety while maintaining compliance with ever-evolving federal and state laws.
Our expert regulatory attorneys have successfully helped shape the regulations for dozens of cities and counties through a deep understanding of the law, the technology and the client’s communities.
Permit Application Review and Consultation
Our professionals have advised public agencies around the nation on thousands of proposed infrastructure deployments both on private property and in the public rights-of-way. Various federal and state laws require municipalities to process more applications with less time–often under the threat of legal penalties for noncompliance.
We take a proactive approach to create practices and systems that promote local policies and reinforce best practices to successfully navigate an increasingly complex regulatory framework.
Our specialized combination of legal and technical expertise includes:
- Evaluating Applications for Completeness and Compliance with Local Regulations
- Managing Limited Time Frames for Local Review
- Analyzing Potential Alternative Locations and Designs
- Assessing and Resolving Technical Feasibility Issues
- Evaluating Compliance with Applicable RF Exposure Regulations
- Advising Local Officials on Local Government Rights and Potential Liabilities
Telecom Law Firm promotes and defends local authority in legislative, agency and judicial proceedings.
Representative matters include:
- City of Seattle, et al. v. FCC, (9th Cir.)
- GTE Mobilnet of Cal. Ltd. P’ship v. City of Watsonville, (N.D. Cal.)
- Crown Castle NG West LLC v. City of Malibu, (C.D. Cal.)
- Montgomery Cnty. v. FCC, No. 15-1240, (4th Cir.)
- In the Matter of Accelerating Wireless Broadband Deployment by Removing Barriers to Infrastructure Investment, WT Docket No. 17-79.
- In the Matter of Accelerating Wireline Broadband Deployment by Removing Barriers to Infrastructure Investment,
WC Docket No. 17-84.
- In the Matter of Streamlining Deployment of Small Cell Infrastructure by Improving Wireless Facilities Siting Policies,
WT Docket No. 16-421.
- Wireless Telecommunications Bureau Seeks Comment on Proposed Amendment Nationwide Programmatic Agreement for the Collocation of Wireless Antennas,
WT Docket No. 15-180.
- In the Matter of Acceleration of Broadband Deployment by Improving Wireless Facilities Siting Policies,
WT Docket No. 13-238, WC Docket No. 11-59, WT Docket No. 13-32.